3 Easy Crock-Pot Meals to Warm Up To
Dec 23, 2019
Warm Up With These 3 Easy & Healthy Crock-pot Recipes
Chicken Lemon Orzo Soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken stock, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. Uncover and stir in pasta; cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve & enjoy!
White Bean, Potato & Kale Soup
- 8 cups fresh kale or spinach leaves coarsely chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can white beans 15oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 can tomato puree 15oz
- 1 Parmesan rind
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked white or brown rice
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to garnish
Add vegetable broth, white beans, tomato puree, Parmesan rind, green onion, yellow onion, rice, basil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to slow cooker.
Cook on LOW 7-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours (until soup is hot and onions are cooked through).
After soup is fully cooked, remove Parmesan rind and stir in kale (or spinach) leaves.
Top with extra Parmesan cheese and serve
Pork Roast with Apples, Carrots & Rosemary
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 pounds boneless loin pork roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Medium bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; set aside.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Place half of onions and 4 to 6 apple wedges in slow cooker crock.
- Top with seasoned roast. Surround roast with remaining apples, onions, and carrots. Top with rosemary.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, MEDIUM for 5 1/2 to 6 hours or LOW 7 to 8 hours (make sure internal meat reads 160 degrees)