- Chocolate Cups
- 7 oz dark chocolate (55-70% cocoa & tempered best)
- 6 aluminum muffin cups
- 5 oz fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
Chocolate Raspberry Filling
- 7 oz dark chocolate (55-70% cocoa)
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream, cold
- Raspberry puree
- Fresh Raspberries
- Powdered sugar
- Prepare the chocolate cups. For tempering the chocolate divide the chocolate into 2 parts, 5.5 oz and 1.5 oz. Place the 5.5 oz chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over simmering water. Heat the chocolate until until a thermometer reads 105 -115 degrees, then take the bowl out of the heat. Add the 1.5 oz chocolate into the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Fill each cup a little less than half with chocolate and rotate to coat all sides of the cup with quite a thick layer of chocolate. Pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl. Scrape the top edges and place them upside down on a parchment paper until you prepare the rest of cups. If necessary melt the remained chocolate again over simmering water if too hard.
- Scrape the top edges again if necessary and refrigerate the cups for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Cups can be prepared few days in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to be filled.
- Prepare the raspberry puree: Place raspberries and sugar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 10 minute and remove from heat. Sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the chocolate raspberry filling. Place chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over simmering water. Add raspberry puree and stir to combine.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the cream into the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped cream.
- Assemble the cups. Make a small cut at one end of each mold if necessary, and tear them off to reveal the chocolate cups. Fill the chocolate cups with raspberry chocolate filling. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Before serving top each cup with fresh raspberries and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.